Popular Post

My Country...Nigeria

Today I am inviting you all to a piece of me. Apart from being a twenty something year old fashion obessesed girl; living in a state where there is little fashion around. My life started in the continent of Africa; precisely, West Africa Nigeria--where I was born and raised before moving to America in my early teens . A lot of people that I have met don't really know much about Africa except what the media portrays: poverty, crime, diseases... to name a few. I have never watched any TV documentation that actually sheds light on the good things about Africa. I have decided to tell you about my country Nigeria. Nigeria brought one of the best-known writers, the first African Noble prize winner in Literature Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe know for the novel “Things Fall Apart”. Nigerian music includes different kinds of music from folk, Fuji, to hip hop. Some famous and budding artists from Nigeria are Fela Kuti, Femi Kuti, Sade Aduand (better known as Sade), Psquare, TuFace Idibia, 9ice and many more. Nigeria is also the 4th leading gas exporter to America. Here are a few pictures to enjoy

Obudu ranch in Crossriver state, Nigeria Obudu ranch, Crossriver State, Nigeria

residential areas Residential area

Silverbird mall, Lagos, Nigeria Silver bird mall, Lagos state, Nigeria

Lagos street Lagos State

national stadium, Abuja, Nigeria National Stadium, Abuja state (capital of Nigeria), Nigeria

Sources: edofolks.com, facebook group: "The African they never show", blackhearld.egoong.com